Publications may ONLY be requested by members in good standing of the Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations.
The OFHSA Board of Directors has established the following guidelines:
- All orders placed with the Federation office must be accompanied by remittance in the form of a H&S Association or H&S Council cheque.
- Publications may not be returned to the office for refund.
- Publications may not be taken out on consignment.
- Prices are subject to change.
How To Place An Order
- State your name, address, postal code, the name of your Home and School Association or Council and what you are ordering.
- Enclose remittance to cover the order.
- Add a postage and handling charge of $3.00 for each order of small documents. If your order includes a Communications Binder please include $10.00 for each order.
- Address your order to:
The Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations
51 Stuart Street
Hamilton ON L8L 1B5
- If material is received in a damaged condition or any part of the order is missing, please notify the Federation office immediately.
- No order will be filled without pre-payment.
Please note that only Home & School Association or Home & School Council cheques will be accepted as payment for publications and pins. Thank you!
Membership Promotional Materials
Brochures & Information Sheets
The following brochures and information sheets are free of charge to members. They may be downloaded and printed from the “Resources and Forms” section of this website.
- Advocacy: How OFHSA Members Make A Difference
- All About OFHSA
- OFHSA Promotional Brochure (full colour)
- Congratulations! You have a H&S Association
- Don’t Be a Dropout Parent
- Liability Insurance Coverage
- Parents, Teens & Parties
- You Asked about Workgroups?
- Federation Finances
- OFHSA Membership
- Alumni Membership
- Recognizing Outstanding Service
- Positive Steps Toward Conflict Resolution
- EQAO Information Sheet
- OST: Ontario Student Record
- Representing Home & School on Committees
- Tips for Home & School Association Executives
- Use of Personal Information
- What’s the Difference? (between H&S and School Council)
- Home & School Song
With the assistance of a Parents Reaching Out (PRO) grant from the Ministry of Education OFHSA was able to translate four documents into eight languages.
The documents: OFHSA Promotional Brochure, Liability Insurance Coverage, You Asked About Membership and What’s the Difference?
The languages: Arabic, French, Korean, Punjabi, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Urdu and Vietnamese.
These documents are available in electronic format and hard-copy by contacting the office.
Each Home & School Association is responsible for ordering membership cards. A number of cards equal to the previous year’s membership plus 20% will be sent, upon request, free of charge.
- You are invited to Join Your Home & School Association – 10¢ each
Home & School Resources
|Home & School Communications Binder(aka the White Binder)||$25.00(add $10 postage)|
|Home & School Communications CD||$ 7.00|
|Constitution & Bylaws||$ 7.00|
|Procedure Guide for Home & School Associations||$ 4.00|
|Procedure Guide for Home & School Councils||$ 4.50|
|Procedure Guide for Home & School Regional Boards||$ 4.50|
|Executive Skills Handbook||$ 5.00|
For Association Officers & Committee Chairpersons
|Membership Kit (revised 2003)||$8.00|
|Influencing Public Decision-Making: Electing a School Board||$2.50|
|Influencing Public Decision-Making: Advocating||$2.50|
|Association President’s Guide||$3.00|
|Planning a General Meeting||$1.50|
|Improving Your Child’s Study Habits||$1.50|
|Installation Ceremonies – For Associations and H&S Councils||$1.50|
|How to Prepare and Present a Brief||$1.50|
Home & School Pins
Use pins to show recognition for volunteer Home & School members!
OFHSA offers a selection of membership pins and awards to members. Descriptions and pictures are in the Recognizing Outstanding Service brochure.
Home & School Life Memberships
Application forms for H&S Association and H&S Council Life Memberships are available in the “Resources and Forms” section of the For Members page.
Home & School Association Life Membership – $50
- Includes certificate and 1/2” round pin (gold and blue)
- Purchased by a H&S Association to show appreciation for a member, principal, staff member or another individual who has made a significant contribution to the association
- The Life Member no longer has to pay the annual membership fee at that association and has full membership rights including voting and insurance privileges (this is an individual membership)
Home & School Council Life Membership – $50
- Includes certificate and oval pin ( 7/16″ x 3/4 “)
- Purchased by a H&S Council to show appreciation for an individual who has made a significant contribution to the council. This is a non-voting membership, but the individual may receive mailings as directed by the H&S Council.
To order pins and/or Life Memberships contact:
Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations
51 Stuart Street
Hamilton ON L8L 1B5
905-308-9563 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The proceeds from the sale of Home & School Life Memberships and pins support the OFHSA Citizenship Awards program.
Other Recognitions of Achievements
Ada Courtice Certificate of Leadership and Learning
- Presented to a Home & School member who has completed the requirements of the Volunteer Skills Portfolio program.
- Completed the minimum 15 activities (with at least 3 in each category).
- Verified by that member’s Association, H&S Council or Regional Board.
- The program is administered and certificates are issued by the OFHSA Awards Workgroup.
Trillium Service Pin
- Jeweller’s quality, white enamelled trillium with an amethyst above.
- Used to show appreciation for efforts on the OFHSA Board of DIrectors.